I’m loving this heatwave and it feels like summer is offfically here now! This year seems to have flown by already and I can’t believe we’re nearly at the end of June already. Given that we live in England, we’re never sure how long summer is actually going to last so we’ve decided to try and make the most of it this year.
Most of the time we’re so busy with work, sorting our finances, keeping the kids alive etc that the weeks just pass us by without us really noticing.
So this year we’ve decided to be a bit more proactive and write a Summer Family Bucket List. This is basically a list of all the things we want to do together as a family this summer. I loved writing it because we all sat down together and got input and ideas from everyone. I loved hearing what the kids really wanted to do – although as Ollie is only 2 1/2 he didn’t fully get the concept and suggested things that weren’t really in season like ‘Go on the Father Christmas train again’ and ‘splash in puddles’. To be fair, with an English summer, the second one is probably pretty doable so we added it to the list!
We’ve tried to include a few of everyone’s ideas within reason and within our budget – sadly going back to Disney World didn’t make the cut!
As always, I’ll be looking for ways to enjoy our family time as cheaply as possible and I’ll share any discounts we manage to find on Facebook and Instagram so make sure you’re following to see the best deals we find.
I wanted to share our family bucket list with you for two reasons. One, to give a little inspiration to anyone who might be struggling for things to do this summer. And two, to make us a bit more accountable and make sure we actually do the things we’ve planned.
So here is our Summer Family Bucket List:
- Go strawberry picking – DONE
- Go to a family festival – Geronimo!!!
- Have a day at the races – DONE
- Epic water fight
- Visit Diggerland or Thomasland – DONE
- Do a science experiment
- Disney film marathon – DONE
- Find our way out of a maze
- Visit Cadbury World (and eat aaaaaall the chocolate – added by my stepson!)
- Do something for charity together
- Write a letter to our family in America – DONE
- Splash in puddles – DONE
- Have a board game marathon
- Visit EUREKA – National Children’s Museum
- Camp in the garden
- Declutter and make some money!
- Go on a picnic
- Visit Warwick Castle
- Plan our next family holiday
- Have a treasure/scavenger hunt
- Go Geocaching
- Paint and hide some rocks
- Go to a concert in a park
- Make homemade presents for Grandparents
- Watch the World Cup final together – DONE
- Do some cloudspotting
We’ve already ticked a couple of things off and have a few more in the pipeline! We are going to Geronimo Festival at the beginning of July which looks AMAZING! So that will be another one to cross off. Now to plan our diaries for the rest of the summer, have some, fun and make some memories!
Do you have any plans for the summer? I would love to know if you’ve got any brilliant (and cheap) ideas we could add!